Subscribe to Exosome Clinical Trials
CellTrials.org presents the first database of Exosome Clinical Trials and their Publications ever assembled. This covers all clinical trials registered internationally where the principal component is either Extracellular Vesicles (EV hereafter, which includes Exosomes according to the ISEV definition below) or cell-free conditioned medium (CdM). We only cover EV derived from human cells. The time period covered is 1 January 2011 to 30 June 2020. The file comes with a one year subscription to updates.
A word about definitions: We follow the guidelines/definitions established by the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV) that are called the Minimal Information for Studies of Extracellular Vesicles 2018 or MISEV2018. According to ISEV, "Extracellular Vesicles (EVs) are the generic term of particles naturally released from the cell that are delimited by a lipid bilayer and cannot replicate, i.e. do not contain a functional nucleus."
We have also included clinical trials of cell-free conditioned medium (CdM) in this database, because there is a great deal of overlap in the research interest and clinical applications for exosomes and conditioned medium. Many authors use the alternate terms secretome or supernatant to describe conditioned medium.
To compile our database that we call “Exosome Trials”, we searched for clinical trials using the following keyword phrases:
- Apoptotic Bodies
- Cell Free
- Conditioned Medium
- Culture Medium
- Expansion Medium
The database is a searchable and sortable excel spreadsheet. When a box in the excel holds the symbol “-“, this means the entry is unknown, because it is not specified in the trial description. The columns of the excel database hold the following information:
- Trial Data
- Registration Month
- Registration Year
- Trial ID with link to trial on-line
- Status as of 30 June 2020
- EV Therapy
- Type of product: Cell-Free or Cell-Based or both
- Product Contents: Each entry in this column begins with either EV or CdM. If the trial does not explicitly say they are using Extracellular Vesicles, then we assume they use Conditioned Medium.
- Parent Cell: This is the type of cell from which the EV originates
- Cell Source: This is the bodily source of the parent cells
- Route of Administration
- Dose (if specified)
- Comparator arm of trial
- Patient Data
- Indication for use
- ICD11 code of the Indication
- Donor Type (Autologous or Allogeneic)
- Target Enrollment
- Patient Age Groups
- Sponsor Data
- Academia or Industry Funding
- Sponsor Name and any Collaborators
- Notes: Study Name or Product Name (if any)
- Publications: We only list publications from the trial. At present, none of these trials have published results.
|Sample Exosome Clinical Trials||14.48 KB|